Why you need a 22 Gallery Gun

Why you need a 22 Gallery Gun

In this video I give a brief history lesson of the Gallery Gun. Though many different pump action .22 rifles were used in shooting galleries from the turn of the century to the 1950s the most common was the 1890 Winchester. Live fire .22 shooting galleries used to be a common sight at Fairs, Carnivals, Amusement Parks , City Streets and even Disneyland When it opened in 1955.

Winchester’s first production pump action rifle was the 1890 model in .22 short. They later produced them in 22 long and 22 long rifle. In 1906 they came out with a simpler budget model called the 1906. They later combined aspects of the 1890 and the 1906 and produced the model 62 which my Rossi 62Sa is a clone of. Winchester also made an updated hammerless pump model called the model 61. Rossi was bought by Taurus and Taurus took over production of the Rossi 62.

The Win 1890, 1906 and 62 all had no disconnect on the trigger which allows you to hold the trigger down and work the pump and the hammer falls as soon as the action closes. Similar to how the 1897 Winchester earned it’s nickname of the Trench Sweeper during WWI.

If you’d like to support Gun&ShotTV so we can make more videos please visit our Patreon at the link below.

1. K TOWN Enduro on October 24, 2022 at 9:11 pm

In Australia we have shooting galleries at our town shows , more common at the country shows but I have done it at the royal Brisbane show one year, if there isn’t . 22 galleries there will definitely be a slug gun galleries

2. ContactHigh on October 24, 2022 at 9:11 pm

Anybody know if the two guns parts are interchangeable? I got the Rossi with synthetic stock and want to swap out for wood

3. Anthony Battaglia on October 24, 2022 at 9:12 pm

10:16 yeah bro sure. go dump the scope thatll fix everything

4. Uncle Remus on October 24, 2022 at 9:12 pm

Hate the scopes on these rifles completely ruins the lines of these rifles.

5. you know everything on October 24, 2022 at 9:14 pm

I found true replica Winchester 1892 gallery guns for sale for 120 bucks and got a box of 22 shorts gallery loads and shoot it in my backyard gallery gun and pellet gun huge sand dirt pile to catch bullets and tons of 22 targets al reactive steel about 32 different targets

6. don't trust my comments on October 24, 2022 at 9:14 pm

My uncle has one of these, they’re pretty cool 😀

7. Cão do Mato Caçador on October 24, 2022 at 9:18 pm

Sou fã desse rifle👏👏👏👊🤝🤝

8. Thor Hammer on October 24, 2022 at 9:18 pm

No Go o man bla bla bla bla

9. karl wagner on October 24, 2022 at 9:20 pm

newer models werent "cheaper" usually they are improved, as you illistrated for safety, one small change was the 62 has a larget flatter forearm. Octogon barells are HEAVY. thats why they are no longer used, technology improved so size for strength on my gun parts changed.

10. Joshua Lewis on October 24, 2022 at 9:22 pm

Great video

11. Gabe White on October 24, 2022 at 9:23 pm

I have that exact.22

12. 4stupot55 on October 24, 2022 at 9:23 pm

Very cool gun

13. Mike of many Mikes on October 24, 2022 at 9:24 pm

Ok ill buy it!

14. Jerry Thomas on October 24, 2022 at 9:28 pm

I have a model 62 my father gave me. It’s been in my family since I was a child. Best shooting gun I own.

15. Ed Mcwilliams on October 24, 2022 at 9:29 pm

RIFLE.

16. Duck overlord on October 24, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Beautiful gun I have one and it shoots pretty damn good

17. Jacob Mitchell on October 24, 2022 at 9:29 pm

I’ve got a Henry pump .22

18. Jordan Kidd on October 24, 2022 at 9:29 pm

Great squirrel gun, until your front sight falls off. My dads got a round barrel version from the 40s. Love the ammo capacity and never had a problem with it(other than the front sight), super fun to shoot

19. John Harrington on October 24, 2022 at 9:30 pm

Favorite gun for me is a 61. I own two and both can shoot a button off a shirt at 50 years. Perfect and the most fun you’ll have shooting guns.

20. Rick Bessett on October 24, 2022 at 9:30 pm

My Great Uncle left me his about 50 years ago. Its still brand new. Just wiped it down with Fluid Film yesterday.

21. Mike Horgan on October 24, 2022 at 9:33 pm

I’ve had my Henry pump 22 for a few years and I love it. The CCI subsonic hollows are my favorite….so quiet and do their job. 😁

22. George Robinson on October 24, 2022 at 9:33 pm

Love the winchester, if you ever decide to sell, let me know! Great video, thanks!

23. Anthony Battaglia on October 24, 2022 at 9:35 pm

9:57 he blames his shitty aim on his foggy glasses and still misses when he takes them off

24. Will Hirsch on October 24, 2022 at 9:37 pm

Excellent vid and some really interesting information here. I’ve got a current reproduction of this gun so getting this new information was really appreciated. Gotta say, I really enjoy this rifle. Cheap fun.

25. Robert Schneider on October 24, 2022 at 9:38 pm

I just inherited a Winchester Model 1906 Expert from my late grandfather. Thanks for the info!

26. G56AG on October 24, 2022 at 9:38 pm

They had an amusement park in Oklahoma City called Springlake, that had a nice shooting gallery when I was a kid in the 50’s. I spent a lot of money (it was tough to get my Dad to give me a quarter), pure fun shooting at the moving targets. Every rifle shot different, so the first shots were figuring out where that rifle was hitting, even though there were no prizes, we always thought they mis-aligned the sights on purpose.

27. Kenneth Zullick on October 24, 2022 at 9:38 pm

I grew up shooting a 1907, I still have it!

28. Donald Myck on October 24, 2022 at 9:39 pm

I have a Winchester 1890 that was made in 1918, it’s in beautiful shape, in .22 WRF. I also built one from parts that shoots .22 shorts, longs and long rifle and a model 62A that is also in great shape. Love those Winchesters

29. jbhallowell on October 24, 2022 at 9:39 pm

Shitcan the scope

30. RIPPER334 on October 24, 2022 at 9:41 pm

I’ve got a Winchester that I’ve never tried to date, because it has no numbers… It’s never worked reliably in the 25 years it’s been mine. I want to love it… But it’s a just a turd.

That said, I have a Rossi that looks almost identical to it, made in 1968, that I got as a birthday present when I was 7… has never missed a beat in the 40 years I’ve owned it… I still shoot it at least once a month. It’s just a ridiculously fun gun to shoot. The Rossi is S, L, and LR.

31. Kenny on October 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm

26 second black screen had me thinking my phone died.

32. Branson Willis on October 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm

You don’t WIN the Medal of Honor.

33. max vauderk on October 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm

The first gun I ever bought was a Rossie in stainless and nickel.

34. Scott P on October 24, 2022 at 9:43 pm

They’re so much fun. I found a 1946 Remington 121 so I bought a bunch of metal duck targets and made a stand for them.

35. Furman Mackey on October 24, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Sadly Taurus/Rossi has "chopped" the barrel of their gallery gun which, of course, reduces the sight radius. If I were to run up on an older model, as the one in your video is now in 2022, with the longer barrel I would have to buy it.

36. ngb802 on October 24, 2022 at 9:46 pm

Great video ! Love the movie references too

37. Dan Barksey on October 24, 2022 at 9:48 pm

I have 62A and I swear you could hit aspirins with that gun ,,,

38. Fiddleplayer7 on October 24, 2022 at 9:49 pm

Biden was a big gallery gun shooter…… inhaled all the lead shaving. This explains him

39. Larry Batenhorst on October 24, 2022 at 9:50 pm

My dad didn’t like pumps said couldn’t shoot as fast as a auto proofed him wrong he bought one later

40. Doug Reed on October 24, 2022 at 9:50 pm

Originally, octagonal barrels were the cheaper option. Knocking the corners off square bar-stock took less time on less sophisticated machines to accomplish. Obviously, things are a little different now.

41. We break For squirrel on October 24, 2022 at 9:51 pm

I got a Rossi and love it. Accurate as all hell.

42. OGJoseyWales on October 24, 2022 at 9:52 pm

I recently inherited a mint 1932 model 62 with same serial number barrel and receiver and it might be my most accurate gun…

43. Akimbo Dude... on October 24, 2022 at 9:58 pm

What about the scope? which brand is it?
    I want a scope too !

44. mikelagaffe on October 24, 2022 at 9:59 pm

do you think i could find a scope and mount for a rossi .22 pump action gun?
    it is NOT the "newer" gallery version eich comes with dovetails and whatnot.., its an old one, actually exactly like the one you have in this video.

45. Joe Sezzz on October 24, 2022 at 10:00 pm

Lose the scope

46. dem0nchild610 on October 24, 2022 at 10:02 pm

I have a rossi exactly like that but the furniture is alot darker my grandfather gave it to me years ago

47. docaylsw on October 24, 2022 at 10:03 pm

I inherited a model 90, which was bought and hunted with by my Great Uncle, or my Great Grandfather. I have pictures of the Uncle holding it. It was built in 1911 and chambered for 22 long. But when I got it, it had a wood plug in the carrier that allowed it to load 22 shorts. They were farmers, and I presume they hunted birds with it, and 22 short works well on birds. It is very accurate. They also had a shotgun. That one is a Remington 12 guage model 1893 made in 1898.

48. gates compton on October 24, 2022 at 10:03 pm

Have a .22 WRF, from grandfather. But I purchased a Henry in .22 mag and a Henry.22 LR for granddaughter. Fun shooters! Get one!🤠🇺🇸

49. Casey smith on October 24, 2022 at 10:06 pm

I have one of the newer Rossi Gallery Guns from 2020 or so with wood stock and a less quality in the parts that are different cheaper synthetic stock when the model was reintroduced. This one I have is the Rossi Gallery 22 LR in woo, good thing since others have had issues with the sight on the synthetic model but can from what others have said for both wood and synthetic models take more then 22 LR as in it will take 20–22 of the 22 shorts though I would only load 20.

50. Mark Lysogorski on October 24, 2022 at 10:06 pm

I have a 1920ish Stevens Visible loading Repeater, from my Grandfather. Great little rifle.( At first I thought it was a 1907, because it has all of the right markings, but then I saw the Circle sVg on the lock plate, indicating the gun was made around 1920, when Stevens was bought by Savage Arms. Oh well. For Five Minutes, I had a $1000.00 gun. Lol.)