Your first day game shooting!

Your first day game shooting!

One of our first videos!

This week:

We have Jonny giving you an insight into your first day shooting and what to expect if you are planning on going on a shoot.

Follow us weekly for new updates, fun with field sports and a whole load of guns all finished off with a dramatic intro. This is the first of a growing series that aims to widen access into the world of shooting and field sports and will track the progress, growth and antics of the team as they expand.

Intro extract; Atlas by Two Steps from Hell credit to https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoSteps… as we love their compositions.

All of our videos are “shot” on a private estate and are always performed under the guidance of professionals and in a secure and safe environment.

All views and opinions expressed are of the individuals and do not represent the wider business.

1. YaoiMastah on January 4, 2023 at 1:01 am

Question, do hotels or bnb’s in the UK have gun lockers often? I know of some in Germany (in frequent hunting areas) where some hotels have a room with a gun safe if you ask for it.

2. Medicated Flowers on January 4, 2023 at 1:05 am

Most shoots are live on peg unless birds are pushed too a flushing point fairly near the guns then live on horn or whistle

3. Matthew Funnell on January 4, 2023 at 1:06 am

It would be great if you could do a video of how to get the option. I know you can buy days for £1k+ but what about a syndicate or how can you get involved in a diy shoot? Any advice would be appreciated

4. drumhd1 on January 4, 2023 at 1:06 am

One of these days if you can, you’ve got to film yourself doing an estate game shoot Jon…..

5. Adrian Tyler on January 4, 2023 at 1:07 am

‘Bull Shot’ through a straw…..now that’s something to look forward to in the care home!!!!

6. Chris Chadwick on January 4, 2023 at 1:08 am

The etiquette scares me! Hope to one day pluck up the courage.

7. Clay Carter on January 4, 2023 at 1:09 am

Brilliant. Here in states I’ve never had the luxury of a hunt like this. Sounds exhilarating! Kind of similar here…. with out the gentlemen manor and extra people that is.

8. Adam white on January 4, 2023 at 1:11 am

great video just feel shooting needs to be bought up to date ,I mean tipping the keeper with a masonic handshake lol

9. sas101able on January 4, 2023 at 1:14 am

safety safety safety safety ,but don’t forget our port two three times before we shoot lol

10. Tonto_77 on January 4, 2023 at 1:14 am

Do you have to pay for each bird you shoot?.. Sorry this is very new to me 👍🏼

11. pim1234 on January 4, 2023 at 1:15 am

your phone is charged ???

12. Medicated Flowers on January 4, 2023 at 1:17 am

I’m 30 years old and only shoot beaters keepers days but I dress up and make the effort until the first drive is over I’m shaking like a shitting dog with excitement

13. giggergigger1 on January 4, 2023 at 1:17 am

Some of this is why many people think shooting days are too snobbish and too formal, and too much like golf eg the formal fee structure the formal tweed clothes and attire, the brown nosing the back patting etc, maybe some reasons why clay busting is more popular

14. Adrian Tyler on January 4, 2023 at 1:20 am

As a beater, you can get to enjoy more than you might think, maybe not all the trimmings but on my shoot still a meal at the pub at the end with all the guns, the game keeper and the land owner, not to mention your pay plus birds to take home!

15. it's Carping Chris on January 4, 2023 at 1:22 am

Great depiction of the day. And nice to be able to share that experience with you, along with the passion you put into it. People unfortunately don’t understand country ways, but they are certainly not old fashioned just traditional.
    Shooting is more accessible now like fly fishing and that’s only because people in those sports want to share the experience with others from more urban or suburban environments

16. alan ward on January 4, 2023 at 1:23 am

A lifetime ago I organised a partridge day on a local estate, we had a wonderful day,or rather everyone but me had a wonderful day I fired 11 cartridges! out of it all day.However I remember what a fabulous time we had in the pub that evening.Some you win,some you lose that`s why it`s called shooting not killing.

17. George Shi on January 4, 2023 at 1:24 am

Wait so you don’t get to keep any of the birds you shot?

18. Chris_Harts on January 4, 2023 at 1:34 am

Lovely story

19. Michael Shott on January 4, 2023 at 1:36 am

Thanks Jonny, a really enjoyable video! I can see the excitement you have for this! I have been on a couple of clay lessons but looking at joining Bisley (as cant store a locker here) and will be applying for my license within the next few months. Keep up the videos!!

20. mayobushcraft on January 4, 2023 at 1:40 am

Thank you for this video. I am from Orlando Florida and have live in Somerset for the past fifteen years. I try to do a couple of Deer stalks a year and shoot a lot of clays at a friends place but have never been to a shoot. Will need to save up for a day. It sounds like one hell of an experience. Thanks again.

21. I'm that guy you love to hate on January 4, 2023 at 1:41 am

I’m sorry sir that is sad. The fact that you have to pay 50 lb for a bird shot. If you’re ever in the United States New Jersey specifically during Bird Season I would be more than happy to take you bird hunting and pay for your bird license for the time that you are here. Don’t worry I have over and unders side-by-sides pumps and semi-autos whichever user preference. only difference is you can only shoot two birds a day. But if you like me you will end up 30-40 Birds by the end of the season. For $40 us

22. wholeNwon on January 4, 2023 at 1:44 am

Similar to a day in the field here, except that I will never shoot with people who are mixing any alcohol with loaded guns. Meal (feast) at the end of the day. Tipping the guide, dog handler, etc., I never hand someone cash…"folded" or otherwise. It’s insulting. Put the money in a small envelope and hand that with a statement hope that he would accept this small gift and thanks for his expertise and for having contributed so much to a good day.

23. 1998olie on January 4, 2023 at 1:45 am

Should do a video like this but for a beaters day?!

24. Jim Rasch on January 4, 2023 at 1:50 am

What is this? I suppose this is where the word "game" comes into play. In the north of Norway we venture out in the wilderness of the mountains or woods, and see where nature takes you and if it will provide.

25. April Ballew on January 4, 2023 at 1:51 am

Where did the large leather recliner in pic that he is sitting in come from? I love it!!!!

26. Barry Hill on January 4, 2023 at 1:52 am

Great video to help us Americans. I really want to go to the UK just for a Pheasant hunt!